Thursday, November 21, 2019

Car Keys


They were not in my pockets.

Suddenly I realized I must have left them in the car.
Frantically, I headed for the parking lot.

My husband had warned  me many times for leaving my keys in the car's ignition. He's afraid that the car could be stolen.

As I looked around the parking lot, I realized he was right.
The parking lot was empty. I immediately called the police.

I gave them my location, confessed that I had left my keys in the car, and that it had been stolen 

Then I made the most difficult call of all to my husband:  
  I left my keys in the car and it's been stolen."

There was a moment of silence. I thought the call had been disconnected, but then I heard his voice.

"Are you kidding me?"   He barked,   "I dropped you off!"  
 Now it was my turn to be silent. Embarrassed, I said,

"Well, come and get me."  

 He retorted..........

"I will, as soon as I convince this cop that I didn't steal your damn car!"

 "Welcome to the Golden Years!!" Hahaha...

From: Kim Chúc

1 comment: